A free conference to encourage ministry support workers as we reach out with the gospel of Christ.
BPM, which stands for Best Practices in Ministry, is a conference hosted by Christ Church Lutheran. For over 10 years we have offered this FREE conference to remind professional and lay church workers that you are loved, you are not alone, and you matter. And when we say free, we truly mean that: free meals, free shuttling, free speakers, free snacks, free activities, free registration.
Session Speaker Proposals: due Thursday, Sept. 15, 2022
- Participant Registration: Opens October 2022
Exhibitor Applications: due Sunday, October 30, 2022
- February 16th-18th, 2023 || Best Practices for Ministry (BPM) Conference
Questions regarding Sessions & Exhibiting? Contact Pastor Jeff Schrank
BPM Registration is Now Open!
- Carefully review the possible sessions, as we will only be able to accommodate 50% of the proposals. Click here to review proposals. Right side- allows you to focus on specific categories by selecting blue circles next to categories by interest. Search is available in the upper right corner for speaker names and session names.
- Make a note of sessions you are interested in.
- Click on the Registration link, fill out your information, and click on the categories and sessions you want to attend. Please choose up to 7 only.
- Click submit.
- You are fully registered for the conference. Final session list and app will be released in January, so you can plan your conference schedule.
You will notice that the agenda link displays times and days for sessions. These are not correct. This page is simply to be able to choose sessions of interest to help us build the agenda, so the times and dates of sessions are incorrect. Once we have received your feedback on topics that best suit your needs, we will be able to assign, times and room assignments. We will announce when the final agenda is completed so that you can plan your visit.
Nope! We are blessed to be able to offer this conference completely free of charge!
We will provide detailed agendas via the Whova App prior to the event. You can find a general schedule here
Please attend as your schedule allows (you are welcome to come and go as you please). We ask that you still register so we can plan accordingly for space & meals.
Yes. This conference is for anybody in ministry, including spouses! All who plan on attending the event should register.
Casual to Business Casual. Dress comfortably for Phoenix if February!
We are working with local hotels to provide discounted rates. For an updated list of hotels we contract with, click here.
The closest airport is Sky Harbor International Airport(PHX) in Phoenix. this airport is 5 miles away from CCL. We do not provide shuttle services to Christ Church or the hotels. You will need to Uber or ride share. You can hook up with others to arrange ride share through the app.
There is an additional airport called Phoenix-Mesa Airport(AZA). This airport is about 40 miles away from CCL. Again, we are not providing shuttle services from the airport.
Yes, we provide lunch and dinner on Thursday, Feb. 16th; breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Friday, Feb. 17th; and breakfast and lunch on Saturday, Feb. 18th. In addition, there is no lack of snacks of all kinds throughout the day (all still totally free of charge!)
Unfortunately, we do not have the means to provide special dietary accommodations. We try to provide a variety of food options, however our facilities do not allow for special dietary needs.
Parking is limited. If you can, please try to use our shuttle service or carpool with other attendees. We will have offsite parking available with shuttles.